- Planning Applications
- Make an application
Make an application
The Planning Portal is the Government’s official planning website. Every local authority in England and Wales accepts planning applications via the Planning Portal.
Start an online planning application View your applications
There are many benefits to creating and submitting applications online. It can be used to complete applications for consents including:
- planning permission
- lawful development certificates
- listed building consent
- planning permission for relevant demolition in a conservation area
New to the online application service?
- The service is straightforward and secure. The online process guides you through applications with help available at each stage.
- Save your work and break away at any time. When you return to the application your previous entries will be waiting for you.
- Save on costs of paper and postage when making copies of your application and supporting documents - and cut your carbon footprint at the same time.
Further information, guidance and support:
Consent types not available through the online system
Please note that the following consent types are currently not available on the online system. You can download the relevant forms and associated documents here.
- Extending the time limits of existing planning permissions
- Application for non-material amendments following planning permission
- Notification of a Proposed Larger Home Extension
- Notification of a Proposed Change of Use to Dwelling(s)
- Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use to State Funded School
- Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a flexible use within Shops, Financial and Professional services, Restaurants and Cafes, Business, Storage or Distribution, Hotels, or Assembly or Leisure