- Planning Policy & Legislation
- Policy and guidance
- Good Practice Guides
- Good Practice Guide on Planning for Tourism
Good Practice Guide on Planning for Tourism
This Good Practice Guidance, to be read alongside national planning policies, is designed to:
- ensure that planners understand the importance of tourism and take this fully into account when preparing development plans and taking planning decisions;
- ensure that those involved in the tourism industry understand the principles of national planning policy as they apply to tourism and how these can be applied when preparing individual planning applications; and
- ensure that planners and the tourism industry work together effectively to facilitate, promote and deliver new tourism development in a sustainable way.
View 'Good Practice Guide on Planning for Tourism' here.